First, let’s figure out what gluten is. Gluten is a high-molecular protein found in cereals. It is mainly found in wheat, rye, barley, oats, and in products with its addition: breads, pasta, dumplings, cakes, etc.
Coeliac disease (gluten intolerance) is characterized by gluten intolerance of glycine and proline components, which have a negative effect on the mucosa of the small intestine. Coeliac disease is associated with impaired suction, changes in the small intestine mucosa. Symptoms: abdominal distension, meteorism, migraines, nausea, nervous disorders. In this disease, people refuse products containing gluten: food, cosmetics, dietary supplements.
Suction disorders often manifest in skin diseases: psoriasis (often red, dry, raised above the skin surface spots), herpetiform dermatitis (itching and rash), neurodermatitis (frequent itching, dryness and redness of the skin, pigmentation of the affected skin). With a gluten-free diet, skin conditions improve. Once again, gluten should not be excluded without medical indicators, since gluten-containing products are rich in iron and magnesium, vitamins of group B.
Manufacturers often add gluten to cosmetics. It is able to cause allergies, in people with no tolerance for it, but for those who safely carry gluten, buying gluten-free cosmetics is a waste of money.
1% of the population suffers from gluten intolerance (coeliac disease) - and this is very, very little! All the other 99% live well with gluten in their diet. First, «Gluten Enemy» began to be spoken in the USA. A number of doctors have started blaming gluten for all illnesses, and the easiest part is to find one component on which to blame all their problems. It is not logical to say that wheat has become modified and that our body cannot absorb it properly. In 2013, Donald Casarda published a study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry that showed that cultivated wheat had changed its gluten content to wild wheat. Not that many years have passed since human consumption. Yes, it is hard for the body to digest the white flour from which baked products are prepared (plus bread on an industrial scale is additionally enriched with gluten to make it lush and crispy crust, but they are both high-calorie and rich in simple sugars. Wouldn’t it be easier to stop eating baked goods?
Regular unprocessed wheat, such as cereals, might be great for healthy people. But if every day there is a loaf or two white bread, drinking tea with spoons and spoons of sugar, and diabetes is not far, what is gluten intolerance?
Plus a great fashion marketing move: create an empire of gluten-free products (and add to that that lose weight), restaurants, cosmetic products.
Now the number of people who struggle with gluten intolerance has increased, because there are available studies that can reveal it. One hundred percent studies confirm the dangers of gluten and favorable provisions from a gluten-free diet.
Self-diagnosis by the skin gluten intolerance is difficult and impractical, easier to test (serological study). One of the manifestations is local redness on the body, dryness and itching of the skin, but it can be allergic symptoms to something else (maybe sugar). The appearance of acne is a secondary sign, initially suffering from metabolic disorders. Poorly functioning intestines, which is when gluten intolerance (as a physician-diagnosed disease) can be one of the factors causing acne.
If you look at the composition of gluten-free products, we see that flour is replaced with starch, and enriched with simple sugars. The composition is only richer:
Ingredients: corn starch, water, rice flour, sunflower oil, sugar, eggs, thickener: guar and hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, lupine protein, yeast, salt, apple fiber, aromatic, emulsifiers: mono- and diglyceride fatty acids.
Gluten-free Salinis Dr.Schär:
Ingredients: corn starch, potato starch, vegetable fat, soy flour, sugar, salt, stabilizer, sprinkler, soy lecithin, yeast extract.
Do not rush to follow all trends without exception. True, the gluten-free diet is more popular than ever, but that doesn’t mean you should blindly abandon gluten and adjust your diet more quickly. If you do not suffer from coeliac disease, gluten withdrawal, on the contrary, can negatively affect health. Cereals contain fibre, dietary fibres and vitamins that are essential for the body’s health.
Take care of the health of the intestine and correctly respond to the signals of the body. Do not give in to the fashions, and choose only those trends that will bring your body benefit and health.