Alas, after a strong weight loss, such problems affect one in three girls. We learned how to avoid these «side effects» and what to do if everything has already happened.
Usually the skin may sag in any part of the body, but more often its excess is formed in the abdomen, chest and shoulders. More often this applies to girls who lose quite a lot of weight - from 15 kg and above.
But the stretch marks problem can touch you, even if you lost only 3 -4 kg. Whether they appear or not - mostly depends on the initial quality of your skin and heredity (if Mom and Grandma have such a predisposition, then, most likely, it will not bypass you).
What to do: let’s say the truth, if during weight loss you have decreased almost twice, then you can not avoid a lift of the skin. Optimal weight loss is up to 4-5 kg per month, sometimes up to 6-7 kg. In this case, your skin will be able to adapt to weight loss and gradually contract. During weight loss will be very useful any procedures that will help the skin «to recover». This is, first of all, any hardware lifting-procedures: laser, radio or infrared (made course), as well as massage. In terms of nutrition, pay attention to foods with omega-3 fatty acids, because they are necessary for building skin cells.
With stretch marks, it’s easy. Excellent prevention of their occurrence will be procedures that will support your skin in a moist state, give it tonus. These include massage, any kind of peeling, contrast shower. Even if they have already appeared on your body, they can be completely removed by laser grinding and (or) mesotherapy.
Since the area of scar tissue stripes is large enough, they have to be treated long enough and persistently. At the same time, it is important to restore a healthy metabolism, to ensure that there is sufficient water, salt and all nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and fats.
Injections are made directly into the problem area, trigger the mechanism of natural regeneration and as a result allow to achieve almost complete alignment of the texture of the skin. Therefore, many cosmetologists consider injectable collagen therapy the best choice for stretch marks after weight loss.
There are also cosmetic items which could help you to get rid of unwanted lines on your body.
1. Shea butter. Helps reduce inflammation, provides moisturization of the skin. You can take clean shea oil or lotion that can be applied every day.
2. Coconut oil. Coconut oil based lotions perfectly moisturize the skin and reduce stretch marks. Pure coconut oil can be purchased in large grocery stores or in specialized vegetarian restaurants. It has a solid texture, so it needs to be rubbed into the stretch marks by massage.
3. Cream with retinoic acid. The best option to combat stretch marks that have just appeared. It helps to increase the production of collagen.
4. Combination of glycol and ascorbic acids. Together, can help with the elasticity of the skin and reduce the appearance of stretch marks over time. As a rule, these creams can take effect only three months after daily use.
5. Chemical peeling. Used with substances based on trichloroacetic acid. Chemical peeling can also help reduce the appearance of stretch marks. However, it generally works best when combined with other treatments such as microdermabrasion. It is recommended to contact specialists, not to carry out this procedure at home. Skin detachment after peeling will occur for a few more days. Reduced not only the number, but also the color of stretch marks. The number of cycles will determine the cosmetologist.
6. Vitamin E. Minimize the appearance of stretch marks with vitamin E. Use the cream with its addition you need daily. It helps protect the skin from lesions that mask traces. In addition, it also exhibits anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.