What do bones do?
1. Participate in every action of our body;
2. Bones protect our internal organs. They protect the skull, for example, and ribs protect the heart and lungs.
3. Also, bones have another important function. They store calcium and phosphorus, therefore these minerals play an important role in the metabolism of minerals in a human body.
As we know, every thing in the world needs help. Our body is not an exception.
There some tips how can we strengthen bones:
1. Food. Take your time and make the “check-up” of your daily menu. Add to your everyday food vegetables with green leaves: parsley, celery, asparagus, any cabbage (cauliflower is best), radishes, and lettuce. Greens are enriched with calcium and, moreover, have a good effect on the absorption of other foods by the body.
2. Go for a walk. Even 30 minutes per a day would improve your wellbeing at all, including bone health.
3. Move and exercise more. The more we move, the stronger our bones become. It can be regular walks in the park, cycling, swimming, yoga classes,etc.
4. Don’t forget about Calcium!
Calcium is not only about strong nails and healthy teeth. Calcium makes bones dense, allows blood to clot, muscles contract, and heartbeat. Our body does not produce calcium on its own, it comes only with nutrition. Include yogurt, cottage cheese, green vegetables, spinach, nuts, and beans in your diet. Less salt food, more vegetables!
5. Vitamin D+ vitamin C is a perfect pair for your bones to make them stronger!