Foods to Avoid
When planning your daily meals, strive to limit foods which can lead to premature aging, for example:
- Deep-fried foods (french fries, potato chips)
- Processed meats (bacon, pepperoni, hot dogs, sausages)
- Caffeinated beverages (coffee, energy drinks)
- Sweetened beverages (soda, ice tea, juices)
- Sugary pastry (cookies, pies, biscuits)
These types of foods contain unhealthy ingredients such as trans fats, excessive sugar, salt and preservatives which may increase inflammation, raise LDL (bad) cholesterol level and cause dehydration among other effects. As a result, skin quality and elasticity decrease, while the risk of major health problems rises.
Foods to Add to Your Diet
In general, try to choose products with a low glycemic index and make sure to enrich your diet with healthy foods which will naturally help you stay young longer:
- Vegetables (yellow or red bell peppers, sweet potatoes, carrots)
- Fruits (avocado, green apples, tomatoes, apricot, grapefruit)
- Leafy greens (kale, spinach)
- Peas (chickpeas, black beans)
- Soy products (tofu, soy milk)
- Whole grains (whole wheat bread, brown rice, oatmeal)
- Fatty fish (salmon, herring, tuna)
- Nuts and seeds (walnut, sunflower seeds, chia seeds)
- Dark chocolate
- Green tea
- Extra virgin olive oil
These foods bring valuable nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants to your body, which help produce healthy new skin cells, maintain and improve skin elasticity and moisture level, and even reduce fine wrinkles.
Proper diet greatly assists us in keeping skin youthful, healthy and attractive while maintaining good overall health. As a part of our program, we help you create a personalized diet plan for prolonging youth, both inside and out.